Many high-income earners will choose to spend an overwhelming amount on luxurious and exclusive hotels and resorts. Often, the idea of chartering a yacht has not even crossed their minds. With a little more knowledge, you come to realise that the benefits of chartering a yacht far outweigh that of booking a hotel.
Upon researching the best-rated hotels across the world, we found that rates varied upwards of 9,000 EUR a week per room. It must be added, this cost rarely includes anything more than just the room.
At first glance, you would be right in thinking that it would be hard to find a luxury yacht to charter at less than 10,000 EUR a week. However, this is when the interesting part comes in. If you decide to charter a yacht as a larger group, you will most likely be spending less than if you booked multiple rooms in a hotel.
The reason is, that whether you are 2 or 8 people, the charter price of a yacht will remain the same. The only time these prices vary is during high and low seasons.
Here are two examples of yachts with the overall cost and then the cost per person.
S/Y ANIMA MARIS, 49.00m (160′ 9″), sleeps up to 12 guests.
Her rates start from 69,000 EUR / week. This comes to 5,750 EUR / person / week (based on 12 guests).
M/Y 55 FIFTY-FIVE, 31.30m (102′ 8″), sleeps up to 9 guests.
Her rates start from 90,000 EUR / week. This comes to 10,000 EUR / person / week (based on 9 guests).
Why are charter yachts better than luxury hotels?
Everyone loves a luxury hotel, there’s no doubting that! We do feel however that yachts have a little something extra. Here’s why:
- Privacy. On a yacht, there is no one but you and the people you have chosen to get away with! You do not have to worry about bumping into strangers or having unwanted chaos and noise.
- The crew are there for you. We all know in luxury hotels the staff can be very attentive and exceed expectations, you are still one of many other guests they need to provide this same service too. On a yacht, the entire crew is entirely at your disposal at any moment in time.
- Food. Of course, exclusive hotels have some of the very best chefs, but they are catering to all the guests, not just you. On a yacht, the chef will know in advance exactly what you like, want and are allergic to. Each meal is created and served with you in mind. Not only this, but the crew also go beyond expectations with table scaping, all for your overall experience.
- Hygiene. A luxury yacht needs to be maintained to the highest of standards with a dedicated interior and exterior crew. The interior crew will go into your cabin several times a day to keep it spotless (this also includes your bathroom). When the yacht has no guests there will be an in-depth clean and polish of every inch inside and outside. This is something busy hotels are unable to keep up with and do regularly.
- Destinations. When staying in a hotel, this becomes your hub to travel to and from various tourist attractions. Or, if you want to travel slightly further afield you may require packing up and moving hotels! It goes without saying, on a yacht, you do not have this inconvenience. You can discuss with the Captain before your charter starts and create a personalised itinerary tailored to you. You can access some of the most remote locations and you have the flexibility to change the itinerary as you go if you desire.